Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Corn On The Grill

Hey Y'all and Happy Tuesday to ya! I hope you all had an amazing Labor Day weekend! My hub and I got to watch my mom-in-law skydive! She was crossing something off her "Live List" for her 62nd birthday. It was so sweet that she wanted us there with her and it was a ton of fun to watch. Well I thought it was fun...my husband was a total wreck. :)

So I am a griller. I mean a huge griller. It's so awesome to cook on the grill because it's such less cleanup. And when you can cook everything for dinner out there, it's awesome. The house doesn't get all hot and dishes are slim to none (if you're paper plate freaks like us!). 

My Hub, he barely knows how to turn on the gas. I kid...kind of. He honestly would rather sit back and wait for the steaks to come in. He really is a manly man when it comes to some things, but cooking is definitely not his forte.

Since I'm the master behind the char-broiled goodness, I'm constantly coming up with new things to do on my grease caked fire breathing machine. The other day I decided to try my hand at making Corn On The Grill:
Needless to say I was not disappointed! In just a few simple steps you can have this sweet hot corn waiting for you on your dinner table. 

First peel back the corn husks and tear off the silks inside.
Then take a tablespoon of butter, cut it in half and place each half on either side of the ear while pulling the husks back over the corn. 
Sprinkle on some salt and pepper and tightly cover the ears with aluminum foil.
Throw them on the grill and cook for about 30 minutes, turning a lot.

*no picture because I can't grill and photograph at the same time* :)

Open up the foil and Voila! Awesome corn!
I know the final picture of the corn isn't too awesome, but hey! It was dinnertime. I eat in the moment. I wasn't going to make this corn at 2 in the afternoon only to throw it away, or eat a random ear of corn in the middle of the day just to get a great shot. That's just not me.

But this recipe is so easy and simple you can't not try it!

Ingredients:
Ears of Corn (depending on how many people you're feeding)
Equal amount of Tbsp of butter as there are people (so two people means two ears of corn and two tablespoons of butter)
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Slightly oil the grill. I just sprayed mine with Pam.

Preheat your grill to medium high. 

Pull back the corn husks and take off the silk. 

Place half a tablespoon of butter on either side of the ear of corn and fold the husks back down around it. Before closing it up, sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Wrap the entire ear in aluminum foil and grill for about 30 minutes, turning over about every six minutes. 

Remove and enjoy! That's it. It's so easy!

Need a grill? Grab up this one!
Dyna-Glo DGE Series Propane Grill, 5 Burner, Bronze

Don't have grilling utensils? Got you covered! It even has corn holders!!

So are you the grill master at your house? If anyone has found a way to make mac and cheese on the grill please tell me! It's the one thing I haven't figured out and we eat it all the time! It'd be so nice not to have to make that inside. So if you know how, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good method - easier than the instructions that include soaking the corn ears first! Maybe I will try this tonight! Glad I found this at the #WonderfulWednesdayBlogHop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby has wanted me to cook corn on the cob on the grill but I was clueless on how to do it. No more! Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty daring of your mother-in-law. I'll stick to the high risk art of grilling. Pinned your corn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your grilled Corn on the Cob sure does look great....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete