Monday, October 20, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches

Hey Y'all and Happy Monday to ya! Hope your week is off to a great start! I've got my first official Drs appointment this week and I'm so excited. I mentioned a few weeks ago we're expecting our first baby!! It's funny, no one tells you you don't actually "see" your Dr until many weeks after you find out you're pregnant. That's how mine does it anyway.

Man oh man are my dreams crazy!! Did any of you moms out there have the same thing while you were preggo?! I mean I feel like I'm truly awake when all this weird stuff is happening. I'll even try and do something like fly out a window or jump really high like I normally can in dreams, but it doesn't work. Instead my dreams are super realistic and I can not differentiate from dreaming and being awake. It's driving me bonkers!

Another popular pregnancy symptom I'm having is cravings! Nothing weird yet like peanut butter and pickles, but I'm definitely craving all things peanut butter! No surprise I guess since I'm always in the mood for that creamy sweet goodness. So the other day, for no reason at all other than I wanted some peanut butter and chocolate, I decided to make these awesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches.
These bite size crunchy sandwiches are so yummy and super easy to make! You just pick out some pretzel squares, mix up some peanut butter goodness, squish it together and freeze.
Dip the little squares in some melted chocolate, freeze again, and you're done! That's it. Stack em, freeze em, pop em, give em away. Do whatever you want with them, just make sure you make them!
They have just the right amount of chocolate and peanut butter to satisfy this little momma. I won't be little for much longer though if I don't stop eating these by the dozen! :) Oh well, my excuse is I'm pregnant.

Ingredients:
1 Bag square pretzels
1 Cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
2/3 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 Cups chocolate chips
2 tsp shortening

Directions:
Go through the pretzel bag and pull out all the squares that are intact. You may not use them all, but why limit yourself :) 

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

Combine together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixer until smooth. 

Using a teaspoon, scoop out small amounts of dough and roll it into a ball in between your hands, then press in between two pretzels. Place on the baking sheet and freeze for about a half hour.

Melt the chips and shortening together in the microwave for 30 second increments until smooth. Stir after each time. Dip half of the sandwich into the chocolate and return it to the baking sheet.

Freeze again until the chocolate has hardened. Then pop as many as you can in your mouth! Warning: these are crazy addictive! 

Thanks for stopping by!

**recipe adapted from here

1 comment:

  1. I need these in my life! Thank you so much - pinning now! ~Heather @ My Overflowing cup

    ReplyDelete