Saturday, December 20, 2014

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Hey Y'all! Happy final days til Christmas Day to ya! Are you done shopping yet?! I'm so proud of myself! I am totally done shopping, I have all the gifts wrapped, and I've been baking like a fool. All that and I had to move out of my house for a week! Luckily, I still was able to get everything done with many days to spare. Now I get to sit back, relax with my preggo feet up, and make hot chocolate to drink while watching Polar Express with my Hubby :)

Those are my plans for this evening. Cuddling up with a warm blanket and a big mug of homemade hot chocolate! Hub and the pup next to me and Tom Hanks' soothing voice in my living room teaching me the meanings of Christmas. Aaaa...bliss! Oh, not to mention the huge plate of Christmas cookies in my pregnant lap. 

I've made six varieties and more than ten dozen cookies over the past few days. I'm pregnant, no judging! I've used everything from apples and almond extract to white chocolate and sprinkles. I really can't decide which one is my favorite because they are all so amazing. I'll spend the next few days showing you (and devouring) these great recipes for you to enjoy during the holidays. 

Today I start with a gem that came to me from my best friend's mom I affectionately call Mama T! White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies!
These things are so incredibly chewy and bursting with tons of flavor! I can't get enough of them. There may be a few more steps than normal for cookies, but they are totally worth it!
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup butter, room temperature
3/4 Cup dark brown sugar*
1/4 Cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
2 Cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 Cup (105oz) dried cranberries (I used Ocean Spray Craisins)

Directions:
In your KitchenAid using the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy. Might take a minute or two.

Add in the egg and vanilla. Make sure it's really mixed in. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if you need to.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.

Add the dry to the wet mix while the mixer is on low speed. Once combined, stir in the chips and cranberries with a wooden spoon.

Cover the bowl with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for one hour (up to over night, but I just did an hour).

Remove the cookies and allow them to sit out for about 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.

Use a cookie scoop to form balls of dough. It might be a little crumbly, so work the dough in your hands before placing on the baking sheet. 

Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the edges barely start to turn a golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.

*If you don't have dark brown sugar, but do have light brown sugar and molasses, mix together 1 Cup of light brown sugar and 1 tbsp molasses with a fork. 

**Don't drop dough on warm cookie sheets. Let the sheets cool completely between batches.

Again, this is just one of the many kinds I have made recently, but they don't last long in this house! They are delicious! I'll be back soon to share another cookie favorite of mine. Happy Holidays!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment